If you're having issues with your tablet, browse through this article to find relevant answers
Table of contents
- Function overview
- Connecting your tablet to WiFi (go to article)
- Troubleshooting general issues
- Troubleshooting issues related to Dine.Direct
Get to know where are the buttons and ports of your tablet:
Troubleshooting general issues
- Q: Tablet doesn't turn on
- The battery level might be too low. Try turning on your tablet after charging for more than 30 minutes.
- Press the power button briefly to check if the tablet was in Sleep Mode.
- Press and hold the power button for 7-8 seconds to reboot the tablet.
- Press the Reset button with a pin to reboot the tablet.
Q: Tablet doesn't charge
- Make sure the USB cable is properly plugged into the charging port.
- Try another compatible USB cable and adapter.
- Q: Tablet cannot connect to the Wifi
- Make sure the Wifi in your tablet is turned on.
- Make sure you input the correct password when you are connecting the Wifi.
- Restart the router. This renews the connection with the tablet and often solves the issue.
- Read this article and follow the steps for Android devices until step number 6. Then tap Forget, reset the router, and connect the Wifi again.
- Q: Screen is unresponsive
- This often has to do with grease, oil, or dust buildup on the screen or in your fingers.
- Wipe the screen with a dry cloth and make sure your fingers are clean as well.
- Q: An app is unresponsive or not behaving properly
- Let's Force stop the app. Start by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the icon.
- Go to Apps & Notifications
- Tap App info
- Search for the offending app and press on it.
- Hit Force stop.
- Open the app again. This should fix the problem.
- Q: App is not working properly, even after force closing the app
- Clear the cache of the quirky app. Go here and follow the steps.
- Q: How to stop media playing from an app or website
- You can access the play controls from a number of locations. They’re found on the lock screen, for example. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notifications drawer and stop the playback.
Troubleshooting issues related to Dine.Direct
- Q: Chrome is not loading Dine.Direct website properly
- Q: New orders are not showing up automatically and you're having to manually refresh
- Q: You are not receiving sound notifications when new orders arrive
- Open your Chrome browser and go to manage.dine.direct
- On the upper-right corner, click on the button.
- Tap Settings.
- Go to Notifications.
- Ensure all items are enabled.
- Now return to manage.dine.direct website.
- Tap the padlock icon.
- Make sure Sound is allowed.
- If sound is not allowed, then tap Site settings, click on Sounds and then select Allow.
- Done! Refresh Dine.Direct website and the problem will be fixed!