What are user roles in Dine.Direct?
Within your restaurant, you have employees who carry out different activities and roles. In order to replicate that situation, you can assign different sets of permissions to the management screen so that your collaborators can access Dine.Direct with appropriate privileges.
How do user roles work? How are those privileges and permissions set?
User roles work by limiting which sections of the management screen are available to view and modify by each user.
How to add a new user and assign a role
Make sure you have the correct email addresses of the people you wish to add. You're going to need their name and last name too.
- Log into your Restaurant Management Dashboard
- Using the sidebar to the left of the screen, go to Users (some scroll-down might be needed).
- Click on the Add User button in the top-right to add a new user.
- In the Add User pop-up window, fill in the required information and check the corresponding User Roles.
The possible roles are:
- Restaurant ManagerRole: This role can view and edit users.
- Restaurant Mobile Management Role: This role will allow the person to only see the Mobile Management tab in the Dashboard.
- Curbside Role: With this role, an employee can see the Waiting List tab.
- Server Role: With this role, an employee will be able to see Menu Settings, Mobile Management, Order Management, and Send Message. They will be able to mark items as SOLD OUT.
- Manager: This role lets people access the Issue Ticket and MMS Scheduling tabs.
- Restaurant Role: Can view and edit the following sections: Public site, Client settings, Coupon settings, Menu settings, Mobile Management, Order management, Reports, Scan receipts, Send messages.
- Host Role: Allowed only to view the Send message tab.
- Client Settings Role: Only allowed to view and edit the Client Settings section.
- Portal Role: This role grants access to the Portal tab and nothing else.
- Portal Manager: This role allows the person access to Client Settings, the Portal tab, and the Reports tab.
- User: This role allows the person to see the Issue Ticket and MMS Scheduling tabs.
- Click Save when you're done.
- Then, ask your collaborator, using the same email address you just added, to sign up at manage.dine.direct
- They'll need to create a new password and they're good to go.