If something went wrong and an order needs to be cancelled, read on
While we automate the cancellation process, proceed as follows:
- In your Restaurant Management Dashboard, go to Order Management using the sidebar to the left of the screen.
- Search for the order you need to cancel and click on it. You’ll see a blue button that will enable you to change the status of the order.
- Click on that button and change the status to Canceled. This status will only appear if the current status of the order is either Order Received, Kitchen, or Staging.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear to confirm the cancelation.
- Another way to change the status is by clicking anywhere on the row and opening the Order Details.
- Look for Order Status in the upper right part of the popup window:
- Click the blue pencil icon and set the status to Canceled.
- Click Confirm and then Save.
- After you’ve changed the status to Canceled, a message will automatically be sent to your customer to let them know the order has been canceled.
- If the order was going to be delivered via Postmates, read: How to cancel a Postmates delivery.
- Go to your Stripe account and instantly issue a refund to your customer. If you need further help on this step, head to this article.
- You can further communicate with the client and let them know a refund is on the way!