Use this feature when you need to have more options for your dishes
If your restaurant wants to offer a few sides for a dish and in those, offer a salad. The guest will not only be able to choose which side they want to have but also the dressing of the salad and they'll add a few extras if they want to: chicken, avocado, etc.
The sides are the mods of the dish, the dressing is the mini-mod of the salad.
Here is the step by step to create and manage mini-mods:
- On your Restaurant Management Dashboard, go to Menu Settings and click on the Shared Mods tab.
- Add a new mod or click on an existing one.
- Add all the choices you need if this is a new shared mod.
- Click on the pop-up switch of the choices you need to add more modifications.
- Click on the expand arrow (downward icon) at the end of the field, like on the image above.
- Click on the add icon to add the mini-mod.
- Enter your mod type and name of the field.
- Click on the the expand arrow at the end of this mini-mod field.
- Enter choices.
- Now, to attach this mod to any item on your menu, go to Areas & Items.
- Click on the Show Details button on the item you want.
- Select shared mod and then select the previously made shared mod
with mini-mod option and save.
- Open the online menu to check the menu item.... and voilá! there you