Please refer to these up to date articles from Postmates Delivery as a Service Help Center for more info:
- I had an issue on my order - is it refundable?
- How are refunds paid out? (Read on "Credit Card Refunds")
Here's the step by step
- Locate the order having problems and open the Postmates status window by tapping on the Postmates' bike icon in the Order Management board
- Copy the Delivery ID - it's a long alphanumeric string starting with "del_ ... "
- Take notes of the driver's name
- Fill out the following Support Request Form: Click here to open Postmates DaaS Support Request Form
- In the form, paste the Delivery ID right on the field called API Delivery Token
- Near the end of the form, briefly describe the issue. Make sure to include the driver's name (the one that shows up in Dine.Direct). You can use this template:
Hi! We're reaching out from "X restaurant". We're using Postmates DaaS API and today we experienced an issue where x, y, z. The assigned courier was John Doe. We'd like to request a refund to the card on file. Please find attached the itemized receipt of the order.
- Attach a photo of the order receipt showing all items and totals. If you're using a printer with Dine.Direct, go ahead and manually print a copy of the Delivery Receipt (tutorial here)
- If you do not have a printer, you can take a screenshot of the Order Details. Write us through the chat bubble and we'll gladly send you a full screenshot of the order summary!
- Submit the form and wait for a response. They usually take 1 business day to reply.
If you need any help regarding the entire process, get in touch with us and we'll guide you!