This applies to Epson TM-m30ii-NT printers to be used along the GL-AR150 mini smart router
Your GL-AR150 mini router must be set up with the printer attached to it beforehand. If you're not sure about this, please fo to the following tutorial before proceeding:
Time you'll need: Around 10 minutes.
Required for the setup:
- GL.iNet GL-AR150 mini router already up and running
- Epson TM-m30ii-NT printer connected to the mini router
- Serial number of the printer: You can find it by popping out the rear panel of the printer as shown below:
- Computer or tablet
- Working internet connection in your restaurant: Take notes of the name of the Wi-Fi network and the password (remember these are case sensitive).
- Log in to the mini router's admin website: http://10.34.63.1
- Remember your password is Direct+your client number (Ex. Direct10245)
- Right on the page you'll land, scroll down to find the printer's IP address:
- Copy that IP address, open a new browser tab and type in the address bar: http:// followed by the IP address right next to it. It should look like this: "http://10.34.63.142"
- Hit Enter on your keyboard to go to that address.
- Sign in to the printer.
- Username: epson
- Password: your printer serial number (it's case sensitive)
- Welcome to the main page of the printer's web settings!
- On the left-hand navigation panel, go to EpsonNet Config for TM-i
- Select Server Direct Print from the sidebar:
- Now open another browser tab and log into your Management Dashboard: manage.dine.direct
- Go to Client Settings and then go to the Printers tab
- Select which tickets are going to be printed out on this printer:
- If you will work with only one printer, select Printer 1 from the drop-down list for everything.
- If you have two printers, complete these instructions for the first one. At the end of the article, you will find additional details for configuring a second printer.
- Scroll down and you'll find some parameters next to Printer 1
- Use the button to copy the URL and Name. You will need to copy and paste these values in the corresponding fields on the printer's web settings. See the following picture (right click and tap View image to enlarge):
- As you can see, the URL of the Management Dashboard goes into the URL of Epson settings. The same applies to Name (overwrite the previous name that appears on the Epson settings).
- Enable the Server Direct Print feature as shown on the image (marked as step 3).
- Click on Apply & Restart in the Epson settings screen.
- Done! Wait for the printer to restart!
- Perform a test to check if everything is working properly, read here: How to know if your printers are online and connected to Dine.Direct
Awesome! Your hardware is now 100% ready to work!