We'll walk you through the tablet set-up quickly and efficiently, and we'll have you managing your restaurant through our platform in no time!
- First, turn on your tablet.
- You'll be prompted to set a few things. Let's begin!
- Dismiss the option to log in with a Google account. You can do that later if you have one.
- When setting up the tablet for the first time, skip the network connections and skip the screen lock feature.
- When prompted, enable Google Services (Location, Scanning, etc...):
- From the top pulldown menu, access the Wi-Fi settings by pressing and holding the Wi-Fi icon so you can manually connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Select your network and type the password in order to connect.
- Head to the tablet's home screen and open Google Chrome.
- Access your Restaurant's Dashboard through manage.dine.direct and login with your credentials.
- On Chrome, tap on the three dots on the top right to open the browser's menu. Tap on Add to Home Screen to create a shortcut to your restaurant's dashboard.
- Instead of adding it automatically, touch and hold the icon so you can manually drag it and place it on an easy to find spot.
- Head to your tablet's Settings and tap on the Display option. Scroll down and tap on the Advanced tab to show advanced display options.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced.
- While on the advanced tab, tap on the Sleep setting and make sure to set it to Never.
Done! You're all set and ready to go!