Set up your Epson TM-m30ii-NT printers using an ethernet or LAN cable
Time you'll need: Around 10 minutes.
Required for the setup:
- Epson TM-m30ii-NT printer
- Ethernet cable. You can use Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cable for the installation.
- Serial number of the printer: You can find it on the back of the printer.
- Computer or tablet.
- Connect the printer to a wall socket, but do not turn it on yet.
- Using your fingers, pop out the rear and bottom covers of the printers, as shown in the picture:
- Take notes of the serial number of the printer, located on the rear sticker:
- Connect the Ethernet cable to an available LAN port in your internet router, and the other end to the LAN port in the back of the printer.
- Load roll paper. Check here for indications.
- After installing the roll paper, power on the printer. After a few seconds, it'll print a sheet containing the IP address of the printer:
- Now open a web browser and type the IP address on the search bar. Tap Enter
- Your browser will display an "untrusted / not private connection" message that will resemble this one:
- Just click on Advanced and dismiss the alert to proceed to the site.
- You'll need to log into the printer:
- Username: epson
- Password: your printer serial number (it's case sensitive)
- Welcome to the main page of the printer's web settings!
- On the left-hand navigation panel, go to EpsonNet Config for TM-i
- Select Server Direct Print from the sidebar:
- Now open another browser tab and log into your Restaurant Management Dashboard.
- Go to Client Settings and then go to More, now click on Printers.
- Select which tickets are going to be printed out on this printer:
- If you will work with only one printer, select Printer 1 from the drop-down list for everything.
- If you have two printers, complete these instructions for the first one. At the end of the article, you will find additional details for configuring a second printer.
- Scroll down and you'll find some parameters called URL and Name:
- Use the button to copy the URL and Name. You will need to copy and paste these values in the corresponding fields on the printer's web settings. See the following picture (right click and tap View image to enlarge):
- As you can see, the URL of the Management Dashboard goes into the URL of Epson settings. The same applies to Name (overwrite the previous name that appears on the Epson settings).
- Enable the Server Direct Print feature as shown on the image (marked as step 3).
- Click on Apply & Restart in the Epson settings screen.
- Done! Wait for the printer to restart!
- Perform a test to check if everything is working properly, read here: How to know if your printers are online and connected to Dine.Direct
What if you have two printers?
- On the Management Dashboard, go to Client Settings --> More > Printers
- Scroll down and click on the Add button below Printer 1 to add a second printer profile as shown below:
- Select which type of receipt will be printed out from each printer:
- Click on the Save details button in the lower right corner of the page:
- Now repeat the steps outlined from the beginning of this article to finish setting up the second printer. As a refresher:
- Join the printer to your restaurant's network and take notes of the IP address of the second printer
- Log into the Epson web settings site. Remember you'll need the serial number of the second printer for the password.
- Navigate to the needed location on Epson's website and copy & paste Printer 2's URL and Name from the Management Dashboard onto the corresponding fields in Epson's website. Enable the Server Direct Print option and hit Apply & Restart.