If the printer status icon suddenly shows an alert, these might be a few reasons why your printers are offline
It can take up to 30 seconds for the printer status to fully update itself after applying a fix or changing any settings on a printer.
The Epson POS printers are always online and ready for normal printing unless there is a reason to go offline.
Reasons to go offline
- While the printer is powering on or off.
- The printer is disconnected from power.
- During a self-test. This includes: printing a network status sheet, resetting the printer to default settings, or while changing the printer settings.
- While roll paper is fed using the Feed button .
- When the printer stops printing due to a paper end.
- During an operation standby state.
- While the roll paper cover is open.
- When an error has occurred. See the Error lights section in the following articles to know which error can be causing the offline status: