This is how you can add a new menu item in your Dine.Direct portal
Have your menu within reach!
In your Restaurant Management Dashboard, locate Menu Settings from the sidebar to the left, and let’s begin!
Adding a new Menu Item
- Click on the orange arrow to see the items on that specific category, or edit the existing ones later on. You can also click on each item row and drag it up and down to organize the list.
- Click on Add menu item. This will prompt the window called Edit Menu Item:
- Choose in which Menu Area (Category) you want this item to be.
- Assign a Product type such as Food, non-alcoholic drinks, beers, or wine. This will be helpful later for reports.
- Add a Product Name. This is the name that will appear on your public menu.
- Add a Kitchen Name. Used as a "code name" for your kitchen staff. If you don't fill in this field the system will print the product name as a default on the kitchen receipt.
- Add the price and then the cost of the item.
- Add your local/county Tax (aggregated percentage).
Note: If you're wondering why you don't have a way to set the same tax rate for the whole menu is because some cooked meals don't pay taxes in some counties. For any legal or financial advice, we suggest you hire an accountant. We work with and highly recommend Flores Financial.
- Add an appealing Description for your item.
- Assign from the drop-down list, a single or multiple Dietary Options that apply to your menu item.
- Upload Menu Item Image and make sure to use a pretty good one. We recommend high quality and size of 1,000x1,000 pixels.
- When the item is Active, it will appear on the menu. If for some reason the item is not available you can deactivate it anytime by clicking on it so your customers don’t see it on the menu.
- Use an ID Verification button required for alcoholic beverages.
- Select the Time Based Menu toggle to make this feature active on each item you desire to have available only for a certain time range. This can be useful for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner menu areas. You can use as many time frame choices as you wish to make a certain item available during specific hours of the day. Go to this article to know how to set all the Menu Timings you want.
Tip: You can also search for any specific item or price on the search bar at the top left of the screen. As you start to type, only areas that match your search will appear.
I bet you're getting more familiar with our system. So to finish up with your menu settings go to this article to learn all about menu mods.